3/15/07

Working Single Mothers

This site focuses on the struggle working single mothers face. I go into depth providing statisitcs that show single mothers make up a large portion of low wage workers in America. This site includes an interveiw with a young working mother which gives an inside view on the day to day struggle. She offers the emotional side of this issue. Also I talk a little bit about some of the typical jobs single mothers take up. For example waitressing, housecleaning, and working retail. Daycare also is a huge part of my hypertext. I explore some pros and cons on daycare centers in the US. and explain how difficult it is for single mothers to find affordable daycare. Lastly I offer my opinion to solve this social problem. I believe that single mothers that recieve close to around the federal mimimum wage should recieve a small increase in salary than an individual only supporting one person.

http://itrs.scu.edu/faculty/Bousquet/winter07/ENGL2_Th/lhoffman_winter07/the%20stuggle.html

No comments: