3/14/07

A day in the life of the many low wage workers that make possible a day in the life of one me

I used to go from day to day not knowing much about the life of the person that put my jeans together or how many pairs of hands had gone into bringing a chicken dinner to my table. I used this hypertext to deconstruct my daily life into components that would not exist if not for the work of low wage workers. Aspects I investigate include the makers of clothes that I wear, the growers and prepworkers of food that I eat, so on and so forth. For example, the existence of the fried chicken I eat for lunch rests on a poultry worker literally risking livelihood and limb slicing and dicing chickens with sharp knives, contributingo to one of the highestworkplace injure rates in the country. After exploring the impact of low wage workers on my daily life, I finally explore the impact that I have on them; just who holds the responsibility, and what should be down and how to improve their lot in life.
http://itrs.scu.edu/faculty/Bousquet/winter07/ENGL2/gleon_winter07/SPLASHHHHHH.html

No comments: