3/15/07

Disparity @ SCU

My site discusses the people who walk on our campus every day, and the differences between them. I found it really interesting that the amount we pay to attend this university per year is the same amount that many of the workers, especially the janitorial staff, make in the same year--around $30,000. It's not quite done yet, because after today's class discussion I want to go back and examine how we're really not necessarily as different as I had originally thought.

I devoted a whole page (actually 2) of my site to the theme party that happened a couple months ago. I was hesitant in talking about it because I myself recognize that the topic has already been bored into the ground. I chose to put it on the site because I realized that it related more than most would think to my topic, and provided a good example of the divisions between us. I tried to take a different approach, focusing more on class divisions than racial divisions.

What I would really like is for my work on this site to inspire myself and others to make some real changes. That would be the ideal of any of these though, right?

http://itrs.scu.edu/faculty/Bousquet/winter07/ENGL2_Th/acollins_winter07/1lowwage/1home.html

No comments: